Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton P.S.
In 2003, four trial lawyers with decades of experience trying personal injury cases in the state and federal courts in Washington and Oregon joined forces to form the Vancouver, WA law firm of Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton.
Now with over 100 years of combined experience, Caron, Colven, Robison & Shafton is an established personal injury law firm in Vancouver. Our staff members have been working together with our attorneys for over ten years, and we have handled more leading appellate cases than any other firm in the region. In order to provide the best possible representation, we currently concentrate our practice on personal injury and wrongful death cases arising mainly from motor vehicle collisions and other accidents.
We won’t roll over and let the insurance company take advantage of you. Our track record of success in past cases includes obtaining substantial settlements and verdicts in business litigation, real estate matters, construction cases, investment frauds, automobile accident claims, trucking accident lawsuits, premises liability cases, products liability, crime victims, toxic exposure, and wrongful death actions in state and federal courts in Oregon and Washington.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, or if a family member or loved one has died due to the negligence or wrongful acts of another, contact us today for a FREE initial consultation. Below are some of the damages our Vancouver, Washington injury law firm has helped personal injury clients receive compensation:
- Property damage: We can help with your property damage claim, appraisal, and negotiations including diminished value claims.
- Medical bills: With rising health care costs, medical bills are a big problem. It is an even bigger problem when you were injured as a result of the actions of someone else. Consistent treatment and good records are a big help. Read our article on selecting a chiropractor before seeking such treatment.
- Lost wages: When you are injured and can no longer perform your work, it is devastating both financially and mentally. Your quality of life deteriorates. Insurance companies count on taking advantage of the stress and hardship their insureds cause you and your loved ones.
- Pain and suffering: Although it is hard to put a price on pain and suffering, money damages are the only way we can achieve justice for you. How long, how bad and how interfering are your injuries? These things determine the value of your loss.
- Physical disability: Becoming physically disabled as the result of an accident is very traumatizing. In addition to the physical distress, severe mental stress and decreased quality of life can result. Our experience in handling such claims can make a big difference in your future.
Below we have listed some common types of personal injury cases our Vancouver personal injury lawyers can help with:
- Vehicle accidents (truck, motorcycle, and boating)
- Work accidents
- Slip & Fall accidents
- Products liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Airplane accidents
- Wrongful deaths
Common personal injuries include:
- Brain injury
- Broken bones
- Neck and back
Our Vancouver Attorneys
Our experienced lawyers have successfully represented clients in personal injury claims including car accidents, semi truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, work-related injuries and product liability. We have successfully represented clients throughout Washington state including Clark, Cowlitz, Skamania, and Pacific Counties Washington, as well as clients in Oregon.
Gideon D. Caron, a Vancouver attorney, was born in London, England but completed his undergraduate studies at Oregon State University and earned his law degree from Lewis and Clark in Portland. The majority of Mr. Caron’s practice involves litigation, including personal injury and wrongful death cases in Oregon and Vancouver, Washington.
Bruce R. Colven concentrates his litigation practice on personal injury and wrongful death cases involving automobile accidents and product defects. He was admitted to practice law in Washington and Oregon in 1989, and has since had a very successful record as a Vancouver lawyer. Mr. Colven’s reported cases include Teamsters Local 58 v. BOC Gases, 249 F3d, 1089 (2001) and Wood v. Battle Ground School District, 107 Wn App 550, 27 P3d 1208 (2001).
Tom’s first priority is to provide the best results for his clients, but he also recognizes that client service is a vitally important aspect of the attorney-client relationship. Accordingly, Tom uses a service-oriented approach, in which he addresses each client’s unique needs. He never hesitates to take a client’s call, always answers a client’s question with patience and compassion, and does his best to ease the stress of every legal dispute. Tom recognizes, in short, that it’s not just about providing the best result at the end of the case – a good lawyer also makes the client happy from start to finish.
William D. Robison
Washington native William “Bill” Robison concentrates his law practice on litigation with an emphasis on consumer and insurance law, including personal injury, wrongful death, motorcycle collisions, trucking accidents, products liability, construction, real estate cases, and workplace injuries. Mr. Robison has obtained many settlements, arbitration awards, and trial verdicts in excess of one million dollars on behalf of clients.
Ben Shafton is a graduate of Yale University and the University of California Boalt Hall college of law. Ben started out defending people accused of crimes as a public defender. He moved to private practice where his diverse interests pushed him to take on cases ranging from automobile accidents to complex federal litigation. Ben also trained under a renowned Estate Planning attorney giving him experience in estate planning, trusts, and probate litigation. At the same time, Ben learned the tools of the trade in complex business transactions and business litigation.